Salsaverde gallery: Coat-ing /
Artist's latest segment is engaged in research of complexity of the personality which is still expressed through the visual art. It's all about consciousness that the person is made of different personalities and acceptance of this fact. Separations within the mould- that is the body; are constant compromises among various layers of the personality as they create the new integrity. Reflections on this matter are materialized in The Artist's Coat, which constitutes the shelter for all the alter egos.
Exhibition in Salsaverde gallery!
Anthology of the creating process
Jur Samec is a person of action and he feels the media of his creation. He allows the media to interact and gives them the role in his art area.
This paintings don't need a strickt art historical comperative analysis; unique like he is no special -ism is needed to identify with. Ideas and motifs are taken from everyday life, yet even from a more primary state- being. His topics are not socially chritical nor fashionable sensations, they are momentary emotions and impressions which are recorded (he records) for eternety.
Colour and texture are elementary in his work; techinique that suits him best is acrylic and collage on various foundations (paper, wood, canvas). The collage technique is used to achieve diversified textures and reliefs that are upgraded by paint in diferrent layers. This paintings are actually objects, because the painter by choice of the foundation moves his paintings away from the traditional frame into the third dimension.
Artistic elements inside separate composition seem systematicaly placed, however the painter in his essence is a creator of his own emotions and during the phase of the making doesn't think about Art theory.
The inner structure of Jur's paintings is serene and playful; the playfulness is in the dialogue between satiation and emptiness, colour and foundation, variations of relief and glossy parts…The pieces are inuitively placed right where they have to be to serve every artistic legality. Digging deeper we are confronted with rich symbolism yet at the beginnig. The choice of the matherial used by the paiter holds various collection of DNA fragments. If we mention author's titles for his paintings then even iconografic dissection of his opus isn't needed. Sometimes an opinion, that behind every real art piece stands a complex philosophy or at least technology, pervails. Jur Samec doesn't disguise and he doesn't complicate, his artwork speaks for itself and at the same time allows a possibility of different interpretations.
In the past seven years three cycles have been formed in the painters opus: Grasses- Vertical notes, Square dicing and The Cocoons. Cycles in their cyclic nature are never entirely completed. The author is returning to the manner but is upgrading it rather then just repeating his already correctly made dialectis.
Grasses- Vertical notes is the cycle of paintigs where the painter is showing his personal reaction to the Nature. It's logical that he's returning to the theme…. laying in the grass is an infinite source of information and an constant inspiration for new clippings and compositions.
Square dicing is another cycle where the author plays with one of the shapes that constuct our artificial living space. The square denotes the idea of solidness and stability, the cube as a square of the suare intensifies this symbolic implication. The painter isn't occupied with the perfection of the form, he explors its manifestations. The squares can construct a monochrom paintig or they pass over into contrast dialogues between colours and finally become an undisputed 3D object.
Cocoons by Jur Samec are the chrysalises which covered his art works in different stages of completeness. Inside them the ideal conditions are reestablished to permit probability that at one time a perfect art piece might shell out… And even if that doesn't take place, it is not going to be a tragical experience, because the author made it sure that the cocoon as whole is still- an object within the Art legalities and it's not satisfied only with strong conceptual note of just another public show. Paradox is made; by covering the core gets exposed, not only to the Creator, but to the observer, who doesn't need a great deal of concentration to be conscious of his unfinished works, as well.
Jur Samec says his paintings are likable and he wants that for the spectator as well. This seems to ba a humble claim at first sight but we know that global pleasure is an utopian idea when we appear in the Art sphere.
by Aja Vesna Ginovska
Exibitions and Other Projects
- oktober 2010 : Ana`s gallery – Abstract No.1, Rogaska Slatina, Slovenia (paintings and objects)
- september 2010 : Salsaverde gallery – Coat-ing, Isola, Slovenia (paintings and objects)
- february 2010 : Gloria – Love, Love, Jur & JurAja, Ljubljana, Slovenia (paintings)
- June 2009 : Epica gallery – Travnato, Postojna, Slovenia (paintings)
- March 2009 : Krka gallery – Anthology of the creating process; Cycles: Grasses – Vertical
lines; Squere dicing; The Coocons, Ljubljana, Slovenia (paintings and objects)
- February 2009 : Alkatraz gallery - Metelkova mesto, Coocons - part III., Ljubljana, Slovenia
(paintings and objects)
- October - January 2008/2009 : Elektra gallery, Kranj, Slovenia
(paintings and objects)
- June- September 2007 : MIK – CE gallery, Pleasant memory, by the way, completely simple,
like little Daisies on the green grass, Ljubljana, Slovenia (paintings)
- December 2006 : Kotlovnica gallery, Cocoons – part I., Kamnik, Slovenia
(paintings and objects)
- November, December, January 2006 : MIK – CE gallery, Transformations, Celje, Slovenia
- November, December 2006 : Krško gallery – former Church Of The Holly Spirit, White or
black equalls red, Krško, Slovenia (paintings and objects)
- September, 2006 : Hest 35 gallery, Squere dicing, Ljubljana, Slovenia (paintings and objects)
- February, March, April, May 2005 : SINTER bussines house, Ljubljana, Slovenia (paintings)
- January 2005 : Palimpsesti, KUD France Prešeren gallery, Ljubljana, Slovenia (paintings)
- January 2002 : ambiental exhibition, library Logatec - Blue hall, Logatec, Slovenia
(paintings and objects)
- December 2009 : exhibition and auction in Hest gallery, Ljubljana and Maribor, Slovenia
- December 2009 : exhibition of Art Colony Galičnik 2008, Skopje, Macedonia
- March 2009 : Transfomation - Cocoons part II. - Rog factory, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- September 2005 : Pallazzo cappello Venexia gallery, Like water, selected exhibition
- June 2004 : MOL scholars to the Ljubljana city, multimedium exhibition, Kresija gallery,
- 2003 : S.K.U.P group.
- October 2003 : National gallery, Foundation of Slovenian scientistic institution; competition
exhibition – Future cities, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- May 2003 : Gallery, Institute for the Protection of Cultural Heritage of Slovenia,
group exhibition of students of Arthouse College of Visual Arts, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- November 2002 : University of Ljubljana, show room, exhibition of selected works from
Arthouse – College of Visual Arts, jubljana, Slovenia
- August 2002 : cultural house Johannes Aquila, Bad Radkersburg, Avstrija
- April 2002 : project Globalact Artglobal, ironworks Ravne na Koroškem, Slovenia
- March 2002 : atelje 2010, Arthouse – College of Visual Arts - student exhibitions, Ljubljana,
- December 2002 : presentation of MOL scholars, Show grounds Ljubljana – pavilion Jurček,
- September 2001 : Štanjel - castle, picture in fresco on mediaval wall, Štanjel, Slovenia
- December 2001 : presentation of MOL scholars, Primary school VIČ, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- April 2001: City gallery, festival Štunf, Nova Gorica, Slovenia
- November 2000 : presentation of MOL scholars, show room Ljubljana castle, Ljubljana,
- October 2000 : show room Metropol, festival študentski kulturni dnevi, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- June 2000 : Acta, non verba III., Youth cultural centre - festival Skopsko leto (Skopje year),
- May 2000 : Pungert gallery, Kranj, Slovenia
- Februar 2000 : Acta, non verba III., Collegium Artisticum gallery, Sarajevo, Bosnia and
- February 2000 : Acta, non verba III., Avla gallery - Nova Ljubljanske banka d.d., Ljubljana,
- July 1999 : Groharjeva hiša, Sorica village, Slovenia
- June 1999 : Lek gallery, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- April 1999 : Metelkova mesto, Tiffany club, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Exhibitions S.K.U.P. group:
- July 2004 : show room Geoplin d.d., Ljubljana, Slovenia (paintings)
- May 2004 : Modern Art gallery – Likovni susret, Subotica, Serbia and Monte Negro (paintings)
- Maj 2004 : Podrum gallery, Novi Sad, Serbia and Monte Negro (paintings)
- April 2004 : Steklena gallery, Logatec, Slovenia (paintings)
- November 2003 : Razvid gallery, Zaprešič, Croatia (paintings)
- September 2003 : Bernard Bernardy gallery, Zagreb, Croatia (paintings)
- June 2003 : Academy residence Korotan gallery – Slovenian Cultural center, Viena, Austria
- August 2007 : international art colony Galichnik, Macedonia
- April 2002 : Acta non verba, ironwork - Ravne na Koroškem, Slovenia
- July 2001 : art colony Young Artist under the Vitranc, Kranjska gora, Slovenia
- November 1999 : international Art colony ACTA, NON VERBA III, Kranjska gora, Slovenia.
- April 1999 : Art colony CHAINS II., Kranjska gora, Slovenia
- May 1999 : Art colony CITY, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- May 1999 : Cuted out sidewolk, festival Youth parade, Tolmin, Slovenia
Performance and other projects:
- February 2000 : ARTIST – INVALID, Collegium Artisticum gallery, festival Sarajevska zima,
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Hercegovina
- February 1999 : K4 club, It is easy to be poet, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- February 1999 : K4 club, Across Slovenian culture to aesthetics, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- December 1998 : K4 club, Self-initiation, Ljubljana, Slovenia